Last hike before returning to work; Sky Pond

Last summer, Alex and I hiked Sky Pond and it was one of my favorite hikes! The window to do these hikes is narrow due to the altitude and snow that lingers until June. This is my last week off before I return to work for the school year so I figured I'd squeeze in Sky Pond. My phone said it was 8.8 miles round trip.
One of my favorite parts about summer hiking is the snow melt and how green everything is!


The Loch


Beautiful, crystal clear waters






They have a sign saying "Sky Pond" with an arrow, because surely you don't have to climb a waterfall, right?
thankfully I've done this hike before and know the proper route up the waterfall. Yep, this is what you have to climb to get to Glass Lake and Sky Pond.

Coming upon Glass Lake after the climb up the waterfall.

Beautiful water




Looking ahead towards Sky Pond





The rock formations are just unreal


I think I counted 13 people in this photo...I'm not kidding.
















Such a great way to round out the summer! I love this hike. I got to RMNP at 6:45 on Thursday morning and there were 20 cars lined up to get into the park. I passed about 30 people on the way up and passed a whole helluva lot more on the way down. RMNP in the summer is nutty.

Comments