Backyard progress

When Alex and I bought our Denver house nearly two years ago, the backyard was a dirt pit...it looked like this:
 This is a view from the rear of the property.

This was after cleaning up the leaves and what-not.

Then we had the yard brought to a clean slate and removed the cement walkway.

I began to clean up one of the raised beds after we had a dying, invasive tree cut down.

These are some of the rocks I pulled out of the bed...

Then we added some sod to green it up a bit.

My mom helped me extend the flagstone patio.

I began using the rocks I dug up to create borders; this was going to be my succulent garden.

Here's that same bed this morning; I also tore out the wood borders and added rock borders.

The succulents are doing quite well!

Here's a shot of the backyard today; full of plants. We created a decomposed granite walkway.

We had a local artist paint a mural on our garage to add some color!

Here are some photos of my flowers.











All in all, I'm pretty happy with the plants considering they are only a little over a year old. It's coming along well. We will have a pergola built over our outdoor kitchen in August and a wooden fence installed in the fall.



Comments