Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's a good day!


This week has been pretty fantastic!  Things are changin' a bit and for the good


Everything is in bloom.  These are my favorite; the tulip magnolia.  It produces such beautiful blooms



I was rushing out of the house this morning to spot dew on the ground and ran back inside to get my camera.  Boy was I glad I did.  Look how beautiful the dew is with the sunshine on it

 
Just lovely!


And to top off a good day, I found we have flowers in our wasteland of a yard!  I didn't know we had any flowers.  I went walking around the house to just see how everything had made it through the winter and discovered daffodils and forsythia.  I have been dying to plant forsythia for so long and I'm just thrilled to have found a bush in our back yard.  I didn't even know it was there!  So I cut a few sprigs and made myself a springy bouquet for the kitchen.  I also cut a few branches of the forsythia to transplant to other locations


I saw these last spring; don't know what they are.  I'm pretty certain it's a weed because it spreads like crazy, but it's got some cute flowers. 

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday and I can't believe another week has flown by!  Go outside and enjoy the nice weather!

3 comments:

Sophia said...

are those purple flowers not violets? perhaps they are too short, but they look very similar!

Jessie said...

is that a bunny going threw your yard? or is that just something random in your yard? (in the pic with the dew in the neighborhood) if it's a bunny, cute! if it's not a bunny, well something did a good job looking like a bunny! =) Great pics!

Marley said...

Jessie, I thought the same thing when I looked at the pics later but sadly, it's not a bunny. It's a bunny-shaped leaf ;-) I wish it would have been a bunny!

Soph, apparently they are called periwinkle