Snowpocalyse 2010


So, I dunno, you may have noticed we got some snow.  Alex and I came home from Snowshoe Sunday night and as I mentioned in my previous post, the roads were rough.  We made it home around 6:30 and suddenly realized we'd have to shovel the driveway to get the truck in.  Well, both of us were too tired to do the whole thing so we shoveled just enough so we could get the truck out of the street.


Our neighbor is awesome and blew off our sidewalk.  He always does this too.  We are very thankful!  And it's about the only cleared sidewalk, especially since the blizzard today and last night


This is what our neighborhood looked like Monday.  It's much snowier now.  I've been shoveling since Sunday night.  My dad came over and even helped me shovel our roof as many have been collapsing under the weight of the snow


It was a very blustery snow and it sufficiently covered our porch. 


Alex tried to get off to work but got stuck at the end of our driveway and we had to dig his car out.  After about an hour of that, he gave in to the fact that he wasn't going in.  This ice at the bottom of our driveway was the contender.  It's about 6 inches thick.


We couldn't get all of it up.  This is also about 6 inches thick

 

The pile of snow behind him is about as tall as him



After our driveway was cleared, we decided it was time for fun!  First, the front porch

 

Geronimo!



Then it was off to our back porch for a little more height


"You ready?"

 

  

  

  

Poof!

 

He really got some height!


And a snowy face, HAHA



 

Comfortable!
Then it was time to head in and have some warm soup!  What a great day.  I've been stuck at home alone the past few days since Alex worked.  It was great having him  here with me today.  I doubt Mason will be open tomorrow so I will likely have another day off.  Have I mentioned how much I love the snow?

On the scary side, the Fairfax County website said that plows are not likely to get into neighborhoods until Monday at the earliest.  So bear with 'em, people.  It's gonna be a while. Here's a bonus video of Alex digging out his car

Comments