Finally


Sorry for the long delayed update; there wasn't much to write about.  But this weekend, Alex and I got a lot accomplished.  First, we sorted out the electrical.  Because we removed a wall (which housed much of the electrical), we had to move the wiring.  This involved running wire from the attic and/or possibly removing drywall from downstairs, which I really didn't want to do.  We figured a way to avoid removing drywall by drilling several holes (don't ask) in the floor. 

Anyway, once we got the electrical sorted out, we started cutting and placing the pieces for the cement board.  Once we pick up our tile, we'll be ready to put it down as well. 


This is where my sink will go.  On the corner will be a rounded piece of granite that will connect the two sinks, forming an "L" shaped vanity.  To the left is the opening to the master bedroom, where we will put in a door.


Looking at the end of this is where our walk-in shower will be.  There will also be the toilet and Alex's vanity.  It took some creative planning but I think it's going to be one hell of a master bathroom...with heated floors, no less :-)


On another note, we went over to Alex's parents' house for dinner tonight.  Marie took me for a short drive to this cute vintage shop where she let me pick out these gorgeous earrings for my upcoming birthday (even though they were the exact ones she'd spotted for me)!  They are freshwater pearls and the pictures really don't do them justice.  They are stunning!  And very shimmery


And it gives me a good opportunity to show off my fantastic red lipstick!  I had never been sure if red was my color.  I wish I could wear this more often!

Anyway, Alex and I will order our tiles this week and hopefully I'll have some more updates for you.  Happy Weekend!

Comments