Apple pickin'


This past Sunday, Alex and myself and his parents went apple picking! It was the funniest thing too because as you can see in the picture above, Crooked Run Orchard is in P'ville. I've been to Crooked Run before but only to pick strawberries in the front field. I lived about 2 minutes from this orchard for almost 20 years and never realized just how big it really is! This place was huge!


There were lots of colorful buckets to fill with your apples


And even a huge sunflower field!


Who woulda thought this was 15 pounds of apples?!



Just gives me an excuse to bake something like this: an apple crumble!


You can just see the brown sugar, cinnamon and oats baked onto those apples!



I'd be lying if I said Alex and I weren't the only ones eating this...


It is an amazing recipe and just killer for a chilly day like today! All you need is some vanilla ice cream and whipped cream to top it off!

Comments