Hardwood


Well, it's been a lonnnnng weekend, but very productive. Earlier in the week, I painted the bedroom the new color. It's a very nautical blue but I love it against stark white. Looks very cozy and relaxing. The paint needed to be done before the flooring went down.


Here's me telling Alex to pretend like he's having fun, haha. This was early on Saturday when we had just started the flooring. Actually, it took us about 2 hours to get to this point as the first few rows have to be hand nailed because the real nailer wouldn't fit against the wall.


Once we got past that point and got a rhythm down, we accomplished a lot! We did most of this today. We got less than half that's shown in this photo done on Saturday. I would line up the pieces and Alex would nail them. It worked great!


What do you think? Isn't it beautiful! It will look much better once we have baseboards down as well. That's the next thing. Actually, this photo is a bit deceiving because I didn't show the whole room. We are about 3/4 done. Almost there!


And a picture of the nice fit around the A/C duct.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! My back is killing me so I'm hopping in bed for some much needed rest

Comments