Owning a house is dirty work


I think my pictures will get increasingly disturbing, haha. My task for tonight was to rip up all the carpet and padding from the master bedroom. Alex and I tried sleeping here last night unsuccessfully. Alex ended up going back to the apartment around 3:30am. I think I finally fell asleep at 4:30 and woke up at 6:30 for work. Neither of us got any sleep. Alex's asthma was just bothering him too much. He suspects it's the carpets so I decided it best to just rip up the bedroom and put down hardwood ASAP. We'll see if this helps...

And some progress shots...



Cutting up the carpet is no problem with a really sharp ulfa-knife, which I just so happen to have so that part was a breeze! Then I had to haul it to the garage and rip up the padding.

Lastly was to remove the staples in the plywood but that proved much more difficult and my hands were rubbed raw from the carpeting so I decided to call it quits for the night.


I'm here at the house by myself tonight...it's really lonely and I hope Alex can join me here soon :-/ It's tough being away from him at nights.

Comments

Veronica said…
Aw, Mar. You shoulda given me a call. I woulda come over. Sleep over!
Marley said…
ya know, I totally thought about calling you but it was late and I didn't want to bother you