Raising Sand


There are a lot of good things in my life. Because there are too many to list in one entry, I will start with what I am grateful for today.

I am grateful for this little kitty at my work named Annie who when let into our trailer, makes a beeline for my office. What really melts my heart is when she sits at the foot of my chair and gives me this look. I happened to have my camera today (my point and shoot) so I decided to capture this face. She can jump, sure enough, but some days she will sit there and wait for me to pick her up. If I stare at her long enough, she will put her paws on my legs and stare back at me. When I ignore her, she will jump up on my desk and demand attention! Once she's on my lap, there's no removing her. She falls asleep and becomes jello! I can put her in any position and she will just fall back asleep. Because I grew up with animals, I have a hard time living without them. Having this kitty at work is the best of both worlds. I get all the affection and none of the mess. I highly recommend finding a job where you can have an office kitty ;-)


One of the reasons I love Mason is how beautiful it is in the spring. I am grateful for construction workers who notice this and try their best not to destroy it; at least not permanently. As you may see in the photo, there is orange spray paint. This was right by a site that they have torn to pieces. However, before doing this, they dug up large chunks of dirt with the crocus' intact so they could be replanted. I got some photos of others untouched but I was just so surprised that they'd take the time to do such a thing!

Spring flowers bring such joy so I'm glad they didn't destroy them. And I might say not a bad photo for my little point and shoot


Along with what I said above, there are a few of these trees near my office and I just love to look at them. The blooms are gorgeous! Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?


Lastly, I am very grateful to a super close friend of mine. You may have heard me mention her before. It is Veronica! We have been friends since 7th grade and while we've had our ups and downs, we've had a hell of a lot of ups! I am so happy to have kept such a wonderful person in my life! She gets me like nobody else does. Thanks Veronica!


Oh, and I almost forgot to explain my title "Raising Sand". I was looking for Alison Krauss music videos on YouTube when I saw a duet of her and Robert Plant. I listened to the song and loved it! It's called "Please read the letter". I googled the two and found out they recorded an entire album together so I got it! I am in love with this duo :-) I highly recommend it!

Comments