Oooey-gooey


Well, it's that time of the week we all hate...Sunday night. Monday is tomorrow and nobody likes Mondays. But I decided to ease myself into the new week :-) So I made chocolate chip cookies. It's a recipe I've been wanting to try for a long time but have put it off. Here's the weird thing, I always think store bought cookie dough makes much better cookies than from scratch. Every time I try to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch, they really aren't very good. Not to mention our shitty little apartment oven burns them every time. Well this time I was extra careful to do this recipe right and keep a close eye on the cookies.

Just look at the picture (do yourself a favor and click on the photo to see it full size) and tell me you could resist a cookie like that! This specific recipe made 4 HUGE cookies! And I mean huge! These are by far the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had and made. They were crispy on the outside and oooey-gooey on the inside...so in a word, delicious and just what I need to get ready for the week! I think Alex enjoyed them too :-) He could hardly wait for them to cool. We've been working really hard to eat well again (he's doing a Biggest Loser competition at work and I just eat well to support him) but sometimes you just need a big-ass cookie!


It was a good weekend :-) No more word about our house but it's coming up on 2 weeks since we put in the offer so hopefully we'll get some news soon. Also, they're calling for snow on Tuesday and Wednesday but flurries all week! Woohoo! Things are looking up

Happy Sunday everyone!

Comments