Sunday, March 18, 2012
|This weekend Alex and I started putting together our new closet. Here we are just putting together the frame for the bench|
|Here's a quick jump ahead to when we got the shelves up and the bench done|
|I looked everywhere for bins that would slide under the bench but there was nothing! So, I had to make my own. This was my first attempt at any type of "wood-working". I'd say it went pretty well!|
|Here are both bins, side by side. Oh, and the best part, both bins/drawers cost me $30 for all material (including stain and paint brush for staining)|
|I found a wonderful, dark stain|
|This is the front of the drawer. Tomorrow I will add some rope for handles; not sure where I'll find the rope as Home Depot didn't have quite what I was looking for|
|Here's a close-up of the shelves and cleats that hold up the shelves|
Here it is all painted up, bead-board on the back wall and baseboard at the bottom of the bench. I think it makes it look more built-in. I have a bunch of coat hooks to mount on the back wall and some bins that will fit on the top shelves. I also plan to make a nice pad for the bench-top, then toss some pillows on top. It's coming along! I will post some more pictures once it's totally done.
I got my motivation from this blog I found. I had to change some things to work for my closet but I definitely used her idea for the storage "drawers" under the bench.